subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: How to access local svnserve repository in Windows
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:11:37 GMT
On Jul 8, 2010, at 14:25, Itamar O wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM, David Bartmess wrote:
>> I've setup a local repository under C:\svn_repository\Test using "svnadmin create
c:\svn_repository\Test", and want to access it via the command line svn.exe. The svnserve
is setup as a Windows service, and I can see that it's started.

>> The binpath in the service entry is
>> "C:\Program Files\CollabNet\Subversion Server\svnserve.exe" --server -r "C:\svn_repository"
-listen-port "3690"

> the syntax seems incorrect.
> I think the "--server" switch should be "--service",

I'll defer to your expertise; I don't have Windows to verify this with.

> the argument for the -r switch needs to be a repository (e.g. "C:\svn_repository\Test"),

AFAIK -r doesn't need to point to a repository; it just needs to be a parent directory to
which you want to limit svnserve's access.

> and the "--listen-port" switch is missing a "-".

Yes, but the default listen port is 3690 so this should not have been a problem, should it?

via http://localhost/ (drop the "Test").
> maybe if you use the "--listen-host dingo.home" switch you will also be able to access
svn://dingo.home/

I would say Subversion doesn't think dingo.home is a valid hostname. Is it? Can you ping it?
Can you access any other services via this hostname? If not, then you have something unrelated
to Subversion that you need to fix first.