subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Help: svn: Working copy 'XXXX/XXXX/XXX' locked
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 02:40:39 GMT

On Jul 29, 2010, at 21:11, Di Hu wrote:

> I tired to rename one of the files via direct repository URLs. But still
> failed. The checkout command is "svn checkout
> svn://prometheus.ecn.purdue.edu/RAID2/Users/garciagroup/svnrepos/reconstruction3D".
> So I think the URLs is
> "svn://prometheus.ecn.purdue.edu/RAID2/Users/garciagroup/svnrepos/reconstruction3D/Align.c".
> Am I right?

Sounds right to me.

> Then I got this:
>
> Hu-DimatoMacBook-Pro:reconstruction3d dhu$ svn mv
> svn://prometheus.ecn.purdue.edu/RAID2/Users/garciagroup/svnrepos/reconstruction3D/Align.c
> svn://prometheus.ecn.purdue.edu/RAID2/Users/garciagroup/svnrepos/reconstruction3D/align_new.c
> svn: Could not use external editor to fetch log message; consider setting
> the $SVN_EDITOR environment variable or using the --message (-m) or --file
> (-F) options
> svn: None of the environment variables SVN_EDITOR, VISUAL or EDITOR are set,
> and no 'editor-cmd' run-time configuration option was found

Read the error message. You did not supply a commit message via the -m argument, and you do
not have the environment variables set up for Subversion to call an editor for you to enter
the message there. Try:

svn mv svn://prometheus.ecn.purdue.edu/RAID2/Users/garciagroup/svnrepos/reconstruction3D/Align.c
svn://prometheus.ecn.purdue.edu/RAID2/Users/garciagroup/svnrepos/reconstruction3D/align_new.c
-m "Rename Align.c to align_new.c"

(Should all be on one line; pardon my email client if it wraps this)