subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Unclear syntax for relative addressing of svn:externals, on RHEL 5, subversion-1.6.12
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:22:35 GMT
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:12:59AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I meant it as a more general question, not just in the context of
> externals.  Is there some reason not to use the path@rev style for
> every command or document that as the preferred method?

There's no reason not to always use path@rev.
You can use path@HEAD to get the default behaviour.

In 1.6.5, we explicitly changed the svn CLI client to parse peg revisions
in each of its URL or path arguments, and either evaluate them or discard
them depending on whether a peg revision makes sense in the current context.
This was done to help scripts, hudson jobs, and the like.

Stefan