subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Varnau, Steve (Neoview)" <steve.var...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Possible bug in svn's gnome-keyring support?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:08:33 GMT
Jeremy,

If svn is configured to use a Gnome keyring, then it is trying to store the password you are
giving on the command line in the keyring. Hence it is prompting for the gnome-keyring password.
 If you also specify –no-auth-cache, then you might not get a prompt.

-Steve

From: Jeremy Wall [mailto:jwall@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:09 AM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Possible bug in svn's gnome-keyring support?

Hi,

I noticed after updating svn to version 1.6.6 that svn now has gnome-keyring support.

However It seems to ignore the --username --password flags if that support is enabled. I don't
use the gnome-keyring or even gnome but subversion refused to let me commit until I turned
off password-stores in the config despite giving it a valid username and password. Instead
it would prompt for the gnome-keyring password which is not set up for me and refuse to continue
until I successfully authenticated to the keyring.

This seems like the wrong behavior to me. Is it intended?

Here is my subversion information:

svn, version 1.6.6 (r40053)
   compiled Dec 12 2009, 05:06:12

Copyright (C) 2000-2009 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using Neon.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for  accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

Jeremy