subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Foster" <Jon.Fos...@cabot.co.uk>
Subject RE: Subversion 1.6 write-through proxy mirroring
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:01:46 GMT
Jim Lord wrote:
> I'm setting up a write-through proxy mirror.  I can run:
>
> svnsync init --source-username svnsystem --source-password $pass
>   --sync-username svnsystem --sync-password $pass
>   file:///data/svn/vtest
>   https://versiontest2.divxnetworks.com/svn/vtest
> from the slave machine versiontest1
> BUT, I can't run:
> svnsync init --source-username svnsystem --source-password $pass
>   --sync-username svnsystem --sync-password $pass
>   https://versiontest1.divxnetworks.com/svn/vtest
>   file:///data/svn
> on the master without getting the error:
> svnsync: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
> pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
>
> The pre-revprop-change hooks exist on both master and slave for
> the vtest repository

What are the filesystem permissions on your pre-revprop-change hook in
the target repository?  What user does Apache run as?  Does that user
have execute permission on the hook script?

Kind regards,

Jon

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cabot Communications Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no
action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

Cabot Communications Limited
Verona House, Filwood Road, Bristol BS16 3RY, UK
+44 (0) 1179584232

Co. Registered in England number 02817269