subversion-users mailing list archives

From Cory Riddell <c...@codeware.com>
Subject Re: swapping the trunk and a branch
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 14:50:04 GMT
Uli,

On 7/8/2010 10:39 AM, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> Other than that, what Les Mikesell said might be true, i.e. that you need to
> dump/reload your repository in order to reap the benefits of newer server
> versions.

Going to do a backup/dump/reload this weekend.

> There is one other way, and that is to simply put an empty folder into your
> solution dir. You can then "svn switch" it to different targets, e.g. to
> various released version or an experimental one. In any case, it would become
> a separate project as mentioned above. The empty dir (or file) would then
> only serve as a placeholder or reminder. It's a one-time manual setup
> operation you will have to educate your colleagues about though.

I like the switch idea. I think the end result is pretty much the same
as having an external, but since you have to manually do it, I think
everybody might be a little more aware of the repository organization.

Thanks for the advice. Funny how something that starts as an off-topic conversation can meander
back on-topic.

Cory