subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: SVN over NFS
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:48:41 GMT

file '/var/db/svn/repos/favicon.ico/format': No such file or directory, referer: http://domain.com/repo/

> Also, can anyone explain me the first line of the logs, what is doing "favicon.ico/format"
here ?

Web browsers request the file "favicon.ico" at the root of any domain they visit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

You are apparently using SVNParentPath inside a "Location /" block, which means *all* web
requests, including those for favicon.ico, will be directed to Subversion to handle. SVNParentPath
tells Subversion to handle the first component of the URL as a repository name, so it tries
to access a repository called "favicon.ico"; because you don't have a repository by that name,
an error is written to the log. For these and various other reasons it is often recommended
not to use a "Location /" block for Subversion, but to use some subdirectory of the web space
instead (i.e. "Location /svn/").