subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is contrib status changing with apache move?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:55:20 GMT
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Joe Briggs
<JBriggs@primetherapeutics.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if it is kosher to ask about contribs on the list, but fools
> rush in...
>
> [...]
>
> My larger question is about contribs in general now that the project has
> moved to apache. The vendor branch management strategy in the svn book still
> refers to svn_load_dirs.pl,  but it is rarely included by those folks
> creating binaries for windows. (I am not sure about packagers for other
> platforms). Is there a thought about whether contribs will be left behind,
> or rolled in more?

I wrote the list a few weeks ago about adding some new pre-commit
hooks into Subversion, and the reply was that the Subversion project
is no longer maintaining "contributed" software which would include
hooks.

I found the script over at Fresh Ports
<http://www.freshports.org/devel/svn_load_dirs/>. It looks like
someone over there is actively maintaining it.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com