subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Windows XP and Junctions
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:31:19 GMT
On Jul 22, 2010, at 08:19, Mike Newsome wrote:

> I have a set of ‘common files’ used between (at present) 4 projects, and checked
out via externals in each project.

> When a new revision of the common code is being readied, I need to go round the 4 projects,
updating the common code and checking correct operation. This leads to a lot of commits and
updates.

> I could simplify this by having one set of common code, and creating ‘junctions’
(symbolic links) to connect the normal experiences in.

> Most tools are OK, but subversion doesn’t like it. Update for example complains:
> External        D:\MNewsome\WkSp\TetrodeMkII\FreeRTOS
> External failed D:\MNewsome\WkSp\TetrodeMkII\FreeRTOS
> Error           'D:\MNewsome\WkSp\TetrodeMkII\FreeRTOS' already exists and is not a directory
>
> Also subWCrev returns ‘0’  for all the keywords I use ($WCREV$, $WCDATE$, $WCNOW$),
and the null string for others ($WCURL$).

> Is this expected? Or do I have some other problem?

AFAIK, Subversion (or rather the APR library it uses) does not support junctions.