subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob <spoon.reloa...@gmail.com>
Subject "svn diff" works for added files in working copy, but not for previous revision
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:48:33 GMT
Hi,
When I do "svn diff file1" on a file that I just added to my working copy since
the last commit, it prints a diff that shows the entire file being added.
However, if I had a file that was added in a previous revision (say 42), and I
try to do "svn diff -c 42 file2", it doesn't work. It gives the error:
svn: Unable to find repository location for 'file2' in revision 41

Of course, it is true that the file did not exist in revision 41. But all I want
is to see the same diff information as I get from a working copy, i.e. a diff
that shows the added file in revision 42. Is there a way I can do that?