subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN "Relay"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:50:49 GMT
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Tennebø Frode
<frode.tennebo@saabgroup.com> wrote:
>> Ok, but that's not what i we at work. The local svn will be a
>> "working copy"
>> of the external svn. In fact, no user have to use the
>> external svn if there's a local svn. The goal of this is the
>> limit the access to the WAN.
>
> In that case the WAN repository can be looked on as a mirror/off-line backup of the LAN
repository.

> You could use rsync to keep an up-to-date mirror on the WAN while the LAN is the active
server.  You need to set up an svn installation on the LAN, rsync (or some other form of
copy) the initial repository from the WAN server to the LAN server.  All uses now use the
LAN repository.  Some cron-job automatically rsyncs the LAN repository back to the WAN server.

Only if the rsync is done as part of a post-commit operation:
otherwise, what are "atomic" operations for the Subversion repository
may be duplicated when only partially complete, and chaos may ensue.