subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <steph...@apache.org>
Subject How do I enforce a minimum client version when hosted via httpd
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:29:59 GMT
I remember reading before about a hack/trick that allows you to ensure that
the client is at least mergeinfo aware when the repository is served via
Apache httpd.

Google is not being co-operative with my attempts to find the Apache HTTPD
directive that makes this magic happen.

IIRC the trick is less than perfect, i.e. it just blocks < 1.5.2 clients
from connecting (though the version limit could be 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 I recall
it being about querying the capabilities of the client and a specific
capability was only introduced in 1.5.1 or 1.5.2) A better trick would allow
blocking clients less than 1.6.13 from connecting ;-)

Anyway, if somebody could point me to the trick it would be much appreciated

-Stephen