subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit fails with path not found
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:31:47 GMT
2011/1/3 Pazmiño Mazón, Iván Andrés <iapm270409@sri.ad>:
> Hello,
>
> I've moved some files (java classes) from a directory to another, and
> now commit fails complaining the containing folder doesn't exist

One of the things that trip many people up is that Subversion doesn't
know you've moved something until you tell it you have.

I've seen people do this from the command line using rename/move/mv
(depending upon platform, or in a GUI by simply clicking on a
directory and moving it elsewhere.

You have to tell Subversion, you're moving the files. In TortoiseSVN,
you right click on the file, move it, and it'll show you a menu with
items like "SVN Move versioned items here". From the command line, you
have to use "svn move". If you're in Eclipse, you must use the Team
menu item to move things around.

Did you simply move the files from one directory to another, or did
you use the Subversion commands to do this?

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com