subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Web Browsing previous versions and version diffs?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 07:49:21 GMT
On Feb 2, 2011, at 18:04, Curley, John wrote:

> Our svn repositories are accessed through the apache/http method, which presents the
current version of the repository. Is there a way to specify a previous version of the repository?
Perhaps through one of those ?param=value clauses?

Yes; it is described here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.extra.browsing.syntax

> Is there a way to see the differences between a version and the previous version, in
the web browser?

Not that I'm aware of, not with just mod_dav_svn.

> Both questions at once: is there a "web" version of the repository browser?

I'm not sure what "repository browser" you're referring to. But generally I would say that
for anything beyond extremely simple viewing of the raw contents of repository files, you
would want to install a more sophisticated 3rd-party tool for viewing the repository and its
history. Many web-based options exist, for example ViewVC, WebSVN, Trac, etc. Many non-web-based
options exist too, of course, in the form of GUI clients like TortoiseSVN, SmartSVN, RapidSVN,
etc.