subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: SVN Error at revision XXXX doesn't exist
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 03:47:10 GMT

On Jan 31, 2011, at 13:39, Jean-Fran├žois Davignon wrote:

> I have a script that creates the folder structure for a new project, imports, checks-out
in place, sets and commits externals, then finally updates the whole project to fetch the
external code.

> Note that the externals are not pinned to a revision.
>
> My problem is that in the final update I have two external files that are reported as
not existing at the given revision:

> External failed: C:\Crap\BlueRodeo\Build\build.py
> Error: URL
> Error: 'https://xxx.xxx.xxx/Trunk/Build/build.py'
> Error: at revision 17434 doesn't exist
> External failed: C:\Crap\BlueRodeo\Build\svn_dev.py
> Error: URL
> Error: 'https:///xxx.xxx.xxx/Trunk/Build/svn_dev.py'
> Error: at revision 17434 doesn't exist
>
> Yet the files do exist and are at the URL specified.  I triple checked the properties,
I checked out the original folder without a problem.

> Anyone ever see this before?

Sure. Are you sure https://xxx.xxx.xxx/Trunk/Build/build.py exists at revision 17434? does
it exist at HEAD? How is the external specified exactly?

Often this is the kind of error you will get when you don't pin your externals with a peg
revision, and the item you're trying to pull in via the external is moved, renamed, or deleted
in a later revision.