subversion-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Mézard <pmez...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ra_replay, mergeinfo and externals
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 08:54:13 GMT
Le 09/03/11 03:27, Daniel Shahaf a écrit :
> Patrick Mézard wrote on Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 22:23:04 +0100:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When replaying a revision merging an svn:externals property from a branch B to another
A, using the svn python binding for svn_ra_replay, I get a property change event for svn:mergeinfo,
but no event for the svn:externals property being merged into A. Is it expected?

>> I hoped the replay API would generate all the events necessary to recreate the repository
being replayed without additional calls. Do I need to retrieve the merged properties manually?

>> This is with macports "svn, version 1.6.13 (r1002816)". A script to reproduce the
input repository is attached.

> Does svnsync manage to replicate that svn:externals property?
>
> If yes, then the replay API does provide it to you.

Yes, svnsync does replicate it. I will look at svnsync implementation and try to come back
with a minimalist python sample if I cannot get it to work.

Thanks.

--
Patrick Mézard