subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Externals to Mercurial
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 23:03:44 GMT

On Mar 7, 2011, at 16:20, Jean-Jacques Merillon wrote:

> Le 7 mars 2011 à 19:54, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>>> All my repositories are on svn and I have a lot of svn:externals property to
use externals  librarries.
>>> I have to link my projet to an other project using mercurial, is it possible
to add an externals link to a Mercucial repository ?

>> No, but the fact that this might be useful was recently discussed in this thread:
>>
>> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2011-02/0199.shtml
>
> Ok, thanks for your reply ! Sorry for duplicated question I did not find this thread
> So, do you know externals link to other repos (git, hg ...) will be implemented ?

I have no information about that, beyond what was in the aforementioned thread. It is currently
not possible, there is currently no feature request about it in the issue tracker, and to
my knowledge nobody has attempted to write any code to implement it. So I would not expect
Subversion to gain this feature soon.