subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Can't commit perl code
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 15:49:46 GMT

On Mar 3, 2011, at 09:38, Nate wrote:

>> Before you were getting an error on a PROPFIND, now on a CHECKOUT. These are WebDAV
methods that Subversion uses but that presumably your web site doesn't... would it work to
limit the Mason directives to just GET and POST requests?

>> <Limit GET POST>
>> <LocationMatch "(\.html)$">
>> SetHandler perl-script
>> PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
>> </LocationMatch>
>>
>> #Hide private components from users.
>> <LocationMatch "(dhandler|autohandler|\.mas|\.m(html|txt|pl))$">
>> SetHandler perl-script
>> PerlInitHandler Apache::Constants::NOT_FOUND
>> </LocationMatch>
>> </Limit>
>

> Yeah, that won't work.  It would break all the sites.  What Mason does is It takes regular
.html files and runs them as perl as it has embedded perl code.  It includes subs in .mas
files and in the autohandlers, plus the dbhandlers.

Right.... I understand what the directives do.... doesn't what I suggested still allow that
to happen? Enclosing the directives in a "Limit GET POST" directive should mean that these
directives will be limited to GET and POST requests (which are used by web browsers), and
will not apply to PROPFIND, CHECKOUT, REPORT or other WebDAV methods that Subversion uses.

I see from the documentation that <Limit> and <LimitExcept> are designed to limit
access controls. I don't know if this means it only works for access controls. If so, what
I proposed won't work. Sorry, I haven't had time to test it myself.