subversion-users mailing list archives

From Doug Goldstein <car...@gentoo.org>
Subject svn:externals handling with svn merge --reintegrate
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 00:19:31 GMT
Having an issue where I have a checkout of trunk and I do a svn merge
--reintegrate of a branch. That branch has added a directory and
within that directory it has added a svn:external and when I do an svn
up at the top level of trunk, it never downloads the external until I
commit the reintegrated merge. I want to however test the reintegrated
code before I commit. When I svn up, it doesn't see the external and
goes on about its day. If I go to the directory where the external was
added, then it hangs the SVN client, if I go one directory down, it
doesn't see the external. I tried SVN 1.6.12 client and server. Then I
upgraded both to SVN 1.6.16 and that didn't work either.

--
Doug Goldstein