subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Default Config Files
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 10:28:13 GMT

On May 11, 2011, at 01:48, Ben Simpson wrote:

> I am running the current version of SVN on a CentOS 5.5 server, and am looking for the
the default user config file location.

> What I am trying to do is set the default ~/.subversion/servers file to automatically
not store passwords, but want to be able to set it once, and when new users access SVN (from
this machine) they get the file that is already modified. I cant seem to find where it gets
this file from originally.

> If this doesn't make any sense, let me know, and I will try and explain it better..

There is no central server-side settings storage system. There is however the /etc/subversion
directory (on the client machine) whose contents would be used as defaults on that client.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.confarea.html