subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Downer" <adam.dow...@ri3k.com>
Subject RE: confusion over external svn diff and merge on windows
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 11:34:47 GMT
Ahh yes, I should have mentioned that I have tried this change already.
Oops.
Removing the "--" parameters passing to diff3 performs a three-way diff
of the files passed. I am after a three way merge, so this would be more
like what I am needing to specify.

%DIFF3% %BASE% %MINE% %YOURS% -o %RESULT_FILE%

Base being the file at the revision at which the branch was taken.

Using exactly what is suggested does present the kdiff window, after
complaining about having a -E passed to it. It does have source in the
various panes, although I am uncertain if they are round the right way
at this point (that is for me to work out later). And when I close the
window (after resolving the conflicts) I am not presented with the
option to resolve the merge conflict, so svn still thinks the file is in
conflict.

Regards

Adam D

> A glance at the man page for kdiff3 shows that it expects the three
> files on the command line without options given in the SVN Book's
> sample diff wrapper.
>
>   http://linux.die.net/man/1/kdiff3
>
> Try changing
>
>   %DIFF3% --older %OLDER% --mine %MINE% --yours %YOURS%

>   %DIFF3% %OLDER% %MINE% %YOURS%
>
> Steve

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE MOVED.
Our new address is 4th Floor, Dashwood House, 69 Old Broad Street, London, EC2M 1QS. Our new
telephone number is +44 (0) 20 3535 8300.

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail message, please telephone or e-mail us immediately, delete this message from your
system and do not read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use this e-mail message and
any attachments.

Although RI3K believes this e-mail and any attachments to be free of any virus or other defect
which may affect your computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it
is virus free and RI3K does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in any way
from its use.

RI3K Limited is a company registered in England no: 3909745. Registered office 4th Floor,
Dashwood House, 69 Old Broad Street, London, EC2M 1QS. VAT registration no: 769 0192 07