subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com>
Subject How to control changes to path-based auth file?
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 16:18:37 GMT
Dear list,

I was wondering how other (probably corporate?) svn users control and
log changes to your path-based auth file (and other svn web settings)?

I was thinking that I could use svn and the auto-website-update FAQ
(http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#website-auto-update) to control
access by allowing named users access to the relevant repo...  However
this seems a little clunky and 'overkill' for what we have.

We also use `Trac` and there are a couple of trac-hacks:
 * http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/SvnAuthzAdminPlugin
 * http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracSvnAuthzPlugin
...that enable editing of the path-based-auth file through Trac but
neither include any versioning (for auditing purposes).

Can anyone recommend any other routes?

For information, we use Trac and subversion, served from windows server
via apache...

Many thanks,

~ mark c