subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: How to control changes to path-based auth file?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 14:23:02 GMT

Thanks for the confirmation, I think this is what we will do...

> From: Feldhacker, Chris [mailto:Feldhacker.Chris@principal.com]
>
> In a nutshell:  http://www.svn-access-manager.org/
>
> Basically, store all your settings in a database and generate
> the config files; just use a simple web front-end to edit the
> database and control/log changes that way.  The svn access
> manager provides a good starting point, modify and tweak as needed.

Thanks Chris, this looks good but unfortunately I have neither PHP nor MySQL on the server
box (already using PostgreSQL and Python for Trac) so I don't think it's for me.  Nice idea
if I had more time...

> From: David Brodbeck [mailto:brodbd@uw.edu]
>
> rcs(1) is the old standby for version-controlling single
> files.  It doesn't solve your access control requirement,
> though, just your logging requirement.  I use it sometimes in
> situations where I don't want to version control a whole
> directory, just a few files -- config files under /etc, for example.

Thanks David but I think I'll use this opportunity to get a few more files under proper version
control too, so I think svn suits me better.