subversion-users mailing list archives

From Cate Bekensail <catebekens...@yahoo.com>
Subject .svn/entries format
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 12:43:37 GMT
We develop web interfaces and would like a release string displayed on the web page.  This
information must be read real time.

We need to obtain information that would normally be provided by 'svn info'.  The page, the
apache user, does not have access to this program, but he can read the project’s .svn/entries
file.  We can guess at the information needed but was wondering if the format is published.
 Strictly an ro affair.  (saw a previous nanny post)

The env/server is Linux/apache.  There are a hundred ways to do this, but allowing perl to
read this file seems easiest.

Admin will not allow apache user access to svn.

Also, is there something outside the svn application, a ‘working directory only’ version
of svn info, (svninfo?), that we could use to obtain local working directory “info”.
This would not require the security demanded by svn proper and would save us from having to
read this file.