subversion-users mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: Generating SVN libraries from source on Mac OSX
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 17:00:38 GMT

On May 20, 2011, at 3:40 AM, Ian Sidor wrote:

> Oops. Thank-you for pointing that out, my mistake.
>
> However, I still cannot find any libsvn*.a files anywhere on the drive.
>
> As described in my first mail, there is a file I can see with the extension 'LA' which
is a text file. It states that the libraries will be built to /usr/local/lib but they don't
seem to be there after I execute make.

You have to run make install to get them to install into /usr/local/lib.

BTW, if you're building libraries for your application, it's probably best to pick a different
directory than /usr/local, since it's a common dumping ground.  Choose something like /opt/my_company_name/product_name.

Also, you could build with MacPorts into /opt/my_company_name/product_name and then have it
provide all the .a's.

Blair