subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject Adding Unicode files erroneously applies application/octet mime type
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 18:49:18 GMT
It seems when I "svn add" unicode (UCS-2 Little Endian, I think it is) files svn applies the
svn:mime-type of application/octet to the files.

I found this in the archives:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-03/0173.shtml

However the thread seems to come to no conclusion.

My question is, if I remove the property and just commit the file... are diff and merge operations
going to work fine? Or, should I switch to plain ascii encoding?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I'm not sure that makes a difference there though.

BOb