subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: symlinks in Windows
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:02:19 GMT
On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 12:50:31PM -0700, David Player wrote:
> Thank you for those links. I believe that some of the details mentioned on those pages
are wrong. The user does not need to be an administrator to use links. The user does require
a permission to use one form of directory and file linking, but not for the other form.

> The real issue is that SVN doesn't store whether the target is a directory or file. That
seems solvable. I wish I had time to solve it myself.

Thanks for your input.

I am not a Windows person myself so I have no idea whether the details
are wrong or not. But I've added a link to your post from issue #3570.

If you do eventually find time to work on this, or maybe find someone
else who has time to work on this, we'd be grateful :)