subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move to a new repo and keep the history
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:08:24 GMT
On 7/7/2011 11:57 AM, K F wrote:
> I’ve been searching and can’t seem to find an answer on whether I can
> move some directories from one repository to another while keeping the
> history.
>
> Repo1/tags/*tag1*
>
> and move tag1 to Repo2
>
> Repo2/tags/*tag1*
>
> Is it possible?

You'd have to move all of the directories containing the history too...
   Instead of the above you might dump repo1 and load it as
repo2/project1/ taking all of its sub-directories.  However, if you have
searched already you probably know the disadvantages of combining repos
- that you can't keep the old revision numbers, break time ranges, etc.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com