subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Canfield <andy.canfi...@pimco.mobi>
Subject Re: Subversion: via Apache
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:21:53 GMT
I point my browser to http://hk.pimco.mobi/organic-asia/pc and it loads
fine. I ssh into the server and sudo bash. Here are the versions of
httpd.conf that are sitting in the /etc/apache2 directory:
*[root@pimco:/etc/apache2]: **Dir httpd.conf*
-rw-r--r--+ 1 root  wheel  55592 Apr 23 08:25 httpd.conf
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  60360 Jul 21  2009 httpd.conf.default
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  55989 Jul 15 16:09 httpd.conf.subversion
[root@pimco:/etc/apache2]: mv httpd.conf httpd.conf.good
*
Here is a diff to show exaclty the changes that I have made to the
httpd.conf file to enable subversion processing:
*[root@pimco:/etc/apache2]: diff httpd.conf.good httpd.conf.subversion
127c127
< #LoadModule dav_module libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so
---
 > LoadModule dav_module libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so
154c154
< #LoadModule dav_svn_module libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so
---
 > LoadModule dav_svn_module libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so
1501a1502,1515

 > # This spells out where the subversion repositories go
 > <Location /svn>
 >   DAV svn
 >   # any "/svn/foo" URL will map to a repository /var/svn/foo
 >   SVNParentPath /var/svn
 >   # how to authenticate a user
 >   AuthType Digest
 >   AuthName "Subversion repository"
 >   AuthDigestDomain /svn/
 >   AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-file
 >   # only authenticated users may access the repository
 >   Require valid-user
 > </Location>
[root@pimco:/etc/apache2]:
*These are the only changes I made to any apache configuration files to
enable subversion.

Here is what I did to make the 'subversion' version of httpd.conf the
active one:
*[root@pimco:/etc/apache2]: copy httpd.conf.subversion httpd.conf
[root@pimco:/etc/apache2]: apachectl restart*
*
*As of this point my browser can no longer access the web page that it
accessed at the start of this test; instead of giving me a web page it
gives me a blank page. I pointed my browser to http://hk.pimco.mobi/svn
and that also gives me just a blank page. View Page Source shows a total
blank file; not even any <http> tag. Indeed pointing the browser to
http://hk.pimco.mobi/foobar gives me the same result; not even a 404.

The last entry in /var/log/apache2/error_log reads:
*[Sun Jul 17 19:47:05 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down*
which comes from the "apachectl restart" command. No error log entry for
going to my web site no error log entry for going to /svn both of which
give me a blank page. Nothing in /var/log/apache2/access_log in that
time frame.

The command
*    svnserve --version*
gives this reply:
*    svnserve, version 1.6.5 (r38866)
        compiled Oct 16 2009, 02:54:10*
The command
*    svn --version*
gives this reply:
*    svn, version 1.6.5 (r38866)
        compiled Oct 16 2009, 02:54:10*
These are the timestamps on the mod_dav files:
*-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  356432 Feb 11  2010 mod_dav.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  198160 Feb 11  2010 mod_dav_fs.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  429632 Oct 16  2009 mod_dav_svn.so*
I don't know how to get version numbers out of them.