subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Canfield <andy.canfi...@pimco.mobi>
Subject Web site: checkout or export?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:46:46 GMT
We're doing a web site. The whole site will be under revision control
using Subversion.

So there are at least three of these: my working copy, the repository,
and the working web site.

How do I get a working web site? By export? or by checkout?

+ After we 'svn checkout', If we need to change something on the working
web site, we can 'svn commit' to get the changes into the repository.
Using 'svn export' we would have to make the changes on a working copy,
then commit, then 'svn export' again.

+ After we 'svn checkout', whenever a new version is in the repository
we can 'svn update' and get only the updated files. If we have to use
'svn export' it will give us ALL of the files.

- Using 'svn checkout', the working web site will have the subversion
control files in the .svn subdirectory, which might be a security hole.

Advice?