subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Canfield <andy.canfi...@pimco.mobi>
Subject SVNParent authz
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 04:14:11 GMT
I am having a problem with AuthzSVNAccessFile.

Consider the case where I have two repositories, R1 and R2 Some users
are authorized to examine R1 by going to
     http://example.com/svn/R1
Other users are authorized to examine R2 by going to
     http://example.com/svn/R2
But everyone should be able to see the list of repositories by going to
     http://example.com/svn

I can't get that to work. I am having a problem with the
mod_dav_svn.conf command:
     AuthzSVNAccessFile /Subversion/conf/authz
If I have AuthzSVNAccessFile turned off (commented out), then all users
can see the contents of all repositories. But if I have
AuthzSVNAccssFile turned on, then nobody is authorized to see the list
of repositories via "http://example.com/svn" because I can't figure out
how to set authz to give read access to the repository collection but
limited access to the individual repositories. Here is my closest guess
for authz -
     [groups]
     everyone = andy,fred
     [/]
     @everyone = r
     [subdoc:/]
     andy = rw
The "[/]" section is the part that is incorrect. How can I give everyone
read access to "http:///example.com/svn" without giving them read access
to "http://example.com/svn/subdoc" ? Indeed, it seems as if the instant
I turn on AuthzSVNAccessFile nobody can read "http://example.com/svn" at
all.