subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Canfield <andy.canfi...@pimco.mobi>
Subject Worst Error Message?
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:15:18 GMT
I just spent all day working on a bug. I could create a repository, and
could do "svn checkout ..." but when I did "svn commit" I got this error
message:
     svn: Commit failed (details follow):
     svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden)
          '/svn/Mummy/!svn/act/991016fc-bbae-4269-a468-b8e3d9bce7b5'

Late that night, it finally hit to me: I had read access to the
repository, but not write access. My procedure for creating a repository
did not grant write access to the creator.

That is close to the worst error message I have ever seen.