subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Schaber" <m.scha...@3s-software.com>
Subject AW: SVN not usable on a Mac (#2464)
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:55:45 GMT
Hi,

Von: Vitus Piroutz [mailto:vitus.piroutz@seeyou.at]

> Some replies from the support of my GUI-Tool (Cornerstone, as it stands
> now wasted money):
>
> > "I do understand your frustration, believe me. We have had a number of
> complaints regarding this matter but the responsibility for fixing this
> does lie squarely with CollabNet et al, and I know that they have received
> more than their fair share of mails from frustrated users in relation to
> this."

Just my fair share of thoughts about this point: The Cornerstone support pretends that they
have no way to aid in fixing the problem. This just is not the case: Cornerstone, as well
as every other company earning their money by selling svn derivates, is free to amend those
fair share of mails with a fair share of patches actually trying to fix the problem. That's
the whole point about free software.

(This is just my personal opinion, no official statement.)

SCNR,

Markus Schaber