subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standards "Best Practice"
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:27:43 GMT
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 07:55, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is more likely to happen in virtualization due to limiting the
> disk resources. Think hard about your back end disk storage. Let us
> know if you use attached storage such as a NetApp or fibre channel,
> I've got some notes on aligning those filesystems for virtualization,
> which makes a huge performance improvement.

I'd like to see those notes if I can. We're on a NetApp device right
now but when we upgrade our environment later this year we'll be
moving storage to an Equallogic device. We have had some Subversion
performance issues with large checkouts using the NetApp device. The
Equallogic appears to be better-tuned in general (we've had no trouble
running a 100GB SQL Server DB off it) but every little bit helps.