subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Cannot create repository
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:45:51 GMT
On Jul 4, 2011, at 01:29, Roy Manzi wrote:

> I'm using Subversion in Xcode 3.2 on a Mac OS X 10.6, I created a repository in /Users/Shared/Subversion/Linear
called Linear using (my home directory is /Users/admin)

> svnadmin create
>
> then used a "harmless" command to create the .subversion config directory which I edited
so as to treat the xcode project file as text.

> Next, I tried to create another repository in /Users/Shared/Subversion/VisionDB and I'm
now unable to do so, I get the message

> "svn: /Users/admin/.subversion/config:94: Option expected
>
> and no repository is created. I also can no longer find the .subversion directory. I've
tried running a "harmless" command (e.g svn status) but no config is created.

You have apparently done something wrong in your config file on line 94. The config file is
of course located at the path printed in the error: /Users/admin/.subversion/config. The Finder
does not show hidden directories (those whose names begin with a ".") so you will have to
use the Terminal to access the file, for example to have the Terminal tell the Finder to open
this hidden directory, you could type "open ~/.subversion". Or you could use the Finder's
Go menu, select Go To Folder, and type in "~/.subversion". Or you could install TinkerTool
and use it to configure the Finder to show hidden items.