subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I prevent a file from being modified?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:06:00 GMT
I have a pre-commit hook that allows you to set a directory as
"add-only". This was mainly for the tags directory. You can create a
tag, but once created, it can't be modified.

This should fit well in your process. You can give it a try. I've just
done a major rewrite that is more object oriented and allows you to
use LDAP groups for file permissioning. However, this link is to the
old tried and true version.

<http://db.tt/H3o1i7S>

You'll need Perl on your Subversion repository server to run this, but
you shouldn't need any optional CPAN modules.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com