subversion-users mailing list archives

From michael mac <michaelh...@gmail.com>
Subject how do I revert a bad commit without creating a new revision?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 00:42:29 GMT
Hi,

During my svnsnyc process to mirror a repository I received the following
error "Problem replaying revision  [500, #190004]" I was able to track down
the revision in question which is 417811. After talking to the developer
that made the commit I found there was a problem with one of the filename
syntax which used character '0x1' in one of the file.

My question, it there a way to revert revision 417811 to previous 417810
without commit a new revision? I've looked at svn merge and svn revert and
both require I new commit revision. My goal is continue to use svnsync to
mirror the repository and in order to do that I need to get past r417811. I
have confirmed this revision can be dropped altogether.

My last option which I can think of is the use svnadmin dump and load,
excluding r417811 and then adding it as a dummy revision, but I'm trying to
avoid this as it takes much more time and effort.

Thanks,
Michael