subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: README and readme are the same file in windows,but the different in Linux
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 11:02:24 GMT
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 06:58, zhiwei chen <zhiweik@gmail.com> wrote:
> I create two files, README and readme in Linux,then commit to svn server.
> But when I checkout in windows from svn server,you can imagine what will
> happened.

Windows complains that the file already exists when attempting the
second file and the checkout stops, last time I checked. Is there a
question about this behaviour buried somewhere in your email that I
missed?

The solution is to disallow filenames that only differ by case if you
expect users to check out to case-insensitive filesystems.