subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standards "Best Practice"
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:57:00 GMT
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, when my SAN guy & I are back in the office at the same time
> again (later in July) I'll run this by him & see if it's anything we
> can tweak for our new setup.

And oh, yes! Do not consider ".snapshot" backups of your Subversion
repositories to be anything but deathtraps on a busy repository.
(File-based backups of databases are always awkward.) And make sure
that any NetApp filesystems get created with the LANG or LOCALE set to
"en.US.UTF-8", becuase multi-language issues are.... an adventure for
CIFS access and Samba access and NFS access without a UTF compatible
backend filesystem on the NetApp.