subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Krey <a.k...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: AW: Logging Subversion client HTTP requests
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 08:38:13 GMT
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 08:54:59 +0000, Markus Schaber wrote:
> AFAICs, the SvnKit people are the only project really trying to develop an independend
SVN implementation, and they go through great pains, even down to re-implementing SQLite...

It always irritated me why one would use SQL in a place like the svn
client in the first place. Looks like trading performance for developer
convenience.

> If you only want to see the http dialog, tools like Wireshark should do a much better
job than messing up the code with debug prints.

Unfortunately wireshark only tells you what happens in your cases,
not what may happen in unusual circumstances. A protocol specs does not
really seem to exist.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."