subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: gzip compression (was: Re: Logging Subversion client HTTP requests)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 07:43:37 GMT

On Aug 1, 2011, at 02:16, Manuel Lemos wrote:

> Anyway, another odd thing is that the client always sends a request header saying it
can handle HTTP compression but SubVersion servers seem to never compress responses.

> Given than a typical gzip encoding can compress text data about 5 times, it seemed to
me there is a great opportunity to make SubVersion HTTP server accesses much faster, but that
opportunity is not being addressed because SubVersion HTTP servers do not compress responses.
Again I maybe missing something here.

I believe that's something you can set up in your httpd.conf if desired. It's a feature of
Apache and not specific to (nor configurable from) Subversion.