subversion-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bird <n...@jibbyjobby.co.uk>
Subject Re: Subversion: list of respositories
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:08:37 GMT
Around about 01/08/11 05:02, Andy Canfield typed ...
> I am user andy. I can point my browser to "http://SERVER/svn/subdoc" or even
> "http://SERVER/svn/fred3" with no problem, but not "http://SERVER/svn" --
> 403 Forbidden.  I think I've done everything that the documentation says I
> should do, but it doesn't work.

   To my knowledge, telling mod_svn where your repos are gives it control
over that part of the access URL (http://SERVER/svn/...), but mod_svn only
“knows” about repos, and so doesn't do anything with the container/parent
directory (hence the generic 403).

   If that's not the intended functionality, then I never seen it do
anything else on multiple installs on multiple platforms.

   You mention that WebSVN lets you see the repos., but if you look at the
code (as I did when wondering about this) you'll find that this is treated
as a special case:  it actually goes off to the repo. directory (as it's on
the server), does a directory listing, and then compares each repo. it finds
with the current user's read permissions, only showing those to which the
user has access.

   Which is, I guess, what you're hoping SVN would do.  I couldn't say
whether there's a reason why it doesn't, whether it's design or accident.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature