subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Logging Subversion client HTTP requests
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 12:39:59 GMT
On 8/1/11 3:38 AM, Andreas Krey wrote:

>> AFAICs, the SvnKit people are the only project really trying to develop an independend
SVN implementation, and they go through great pains, even down to re-implementing SQLite...

> It always irritated me why one would use SQL in a place like the svn
> client in the first place. Looks like trading performance for developer
> convenience.

SQLlite has years of development and a good reputation for robust behavior.  I'd
expect it to be hard to match its performance and reliability without an equally
long development cycle.

I don't quite understand the point of re-implementing something that is already
developed on top of cross platform open source libraries.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com