subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate parts of repository - got it right?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 15:40:21 GMT
On 8/4/2011 9:18 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Konstantin Kolinko wrote on Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 14:58:24 +0400:
>> 2011/8/4 Peter Pommelich<PetePomm@web.de>:
>>> I just want to that sure, because A is very large and it will take some time
to get this done.

>> Note, that svnsync can be used to synchronize only a subset of repository.
>>
>> As says help printed by "svnsync help init",
>> If the source URL is not the root of a repository, only the
>> specified part of the repository will be synchronized.
>>
>> Though I suspect that there are caveats: there should not be move or
>> copy operations that cross the boundary between this project and the
>> rest of repository.
>
> I expect it to work in that case too.  (A copy into the tree would be
> converted into an add.)

Just be sure to check that you are actually getting the content you
expected.  I once set up svnsync with an incorrect source URL pointing
at a path that didn't exist in the repository, watched it copy every
revision and revprop, and thought for a while that I had a backup of the
content.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com