subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallel branches/tags/trunk directories
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:54:11 GMT
On 8/11/2011 1:25 PM, Mike Cepek wrote:
> I appreciate the creative solutions, but I feel that we may be wandering a bit off track.

They mostly aren't 'creative' - just standard practices.

> Otherwise, it sounds like there is no consensus solution for dealing with this kind of
repository layout.  Thanks, all.

No, it is pretty common for people to pull in an assortment of
components from different locations in a repository and to choose from a
large number of branches.  Your only odd part is arranging things so
that you have to do it even for the main portions of the project.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com