subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jan Kopidol <posto...@gmail.com>
Subject colon file in server repository structure
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:45:27 GMT
Hi,

I found strange file on directory structure of my repository on server:
"/svn/my_repository/db/revs/0/:". It has zero size and its name is ":"
(without quotes) - colon. Does anyone know meaning of this file? I have
several repositories, but this is only "colon file" I found. Problem is
that I backup this part of Linux filesystem on WinXP drive via rsync and
this file cannot be created on NTFS filesystem :D (or may be it can, bud
i dont wanna do it - it seems wrong :D). I would like to know if i can
safely delete this file (it seems that there are no useful data in it).
I know i shouldnt directly manipulate with repository files on server,
but I have strange feeling that this file shouldnt be there :D. Or maybe
it can be fixed via some repository tool.

Thank you,

John