subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ben Bryant <Ben.Bry...@metaswitch.com>
Subject Possible Subversion Bug
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:23:16 GMT
Hello,

I've encountered a problem whilst using SVN and believe that it may be a bug. I've checked
in the issue tracker and can't find anything similar so I just wanted to check with you that
this is not intended behaviour and/or already reported/fixed.

I encountered problems when trying to merge changes to files contained within a directory
with a dollar sign ($) in the name. The svn merge command fails and returns a 'Skipped Missing
Target' error message. I tried to create the simplest reproduction recipe that I could and
it is attached below (svncommands). I copied and pasted straight from PuTTY and then broke
it up and added a few comments with # markers. The problem occurs at the bottom of the file.

I've run it on a couple of our linux servers and the same problem happens on both. I don't
know much about subversion and so can't give you many details of the setup but I've copied
and pasted the info from running svn -version into the two server attachments below.
I'm told by a colleague that they both run repository format 3, we have made no private modifications
to Subversion and he doesn't think we run Berkely DB but isn't sure.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks,
Ben

Mime
View raw message