subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Schaber" <m.scha...@3s-software.com>
Subject AW: Single-commit import with properties and SVN 1.7
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:30:04 GMT
Hi, Mark,

Von: Mark Phippard [mailto:markphip@gmail.com]

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Markus Schaber <m.schaber@3s-software.com> wrote:
>> Those steps work nice, but they leave us with a working copy having the
>> parent of the project directory as its root, instead of the project
>> directory itself. This is why our Code for 1.6 had the "detach" step
>> which you left out in your commands, and which won't work with 1.7
>> anymore.

> You said detach was optional before, but that is OK.  The conversation has basically
come back to the point I made in the original email.

With "optional", I wanted to express that we do not insist on detaching, if we find a different
way for an in-place import leaving us with the correct parent directory (as in the proposal
to have a working copy root itself scheduled for addition).

One of our goals is to keep the directory hierarchy as flat as possible, as the whole working
copy itself lives in %APPDATA%\Local\Temp\ and the project hierarchies can be of arbitrary
depth, with long names for the objects. (Some of our customers seem to do weird things, so
the windows 255 character path limit is a serious concern for some of them...)

Best regards

Markus Schaber

We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber@3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten
HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915