subversion-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate parts of repository - got it right?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:58:24 GMT
2011/8/4 Peter Pommelich <PetePomm@web.de>:
> I just want to that sure, because A is very large and it will take some time to get this
done.

Note, that svnsync can be used to synchronize only a subset of repository.

As says help printed by "svnsync help init",
If the source URL is not the root of a repository, only the
specified part of the repository will be synchronized.

Though I suspect that there are caveats: there should not be move or
copy operations that cross the boundary between this project and the
rest of repository.

In SVN 1.7 there will also be "svnrdump" utility that will allow to
create repository dump remotely, internally using the same approach as
svnsync.  I have not tried it though.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko