subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: how to back svn repositories
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:53:34 GMT
> hi,everyone.
>
> We have many svn repositories,more than 100,000 , but every
> repository has less than 1024M.
>
> So,which svn backup strategies should I use ?

I think there are three basic options...

1. Back up to tape... this is what we do. Yes, we possible lose intra day stuff but it is
a risk we are taking.

2. use svnadmin hotcopy to copy the repos to a separate drive system.

3. use svnsync to mirror all the repositories. This also gives you a psuedo hot swap situation.
Of course, you have to have the hardware available to do it, so this is probably the most
expensive option.

Yes, very basic level answer I know.

BOb